|This article is a stub. You can help WildStar Wiki by .|
An AMP (Advanced Modification Protocol) is a class bonus. Starting at level 10, players gain one point per level to invest in AMPs. These can be viewed and points allocated in the Action Set Builder window. AMPs are divided up into three major branches, Assault, Support, and Utility and three hybrid branches, Assault/Support, Support/Utility, and Assault/Utility.
- Assault: Contains options that will enhance the role of DPS.
- Support: Contains options that will enhance the roles of Tank or Healer.
- Utility: Contains options that will provide situational bonuses that can be utilized by most specs.
- Hybrid A/S: A combination of options that enhance DPS and Tank or Healer.
- Hybrid S/U: A combination of options that will provide situational bonuses that support the role of Tank or Healer.
- Hybrid A/U: A combination of options that will provide situational bonuses that support the role of DPS.
Tiers and points
Every branch has 3 tiers. The first tier AMPs are the same for all class and role types. The other two tiers are unique to each class. To reach the higher tiers, points need to be invested in that branch's lower tiers first. In the first tier, each AMP costs 1 point. At least 3 points must be invested to access the second tier. In the second tier, each AMP costs 4 points. At least 8 points must be invested to access the third tier. In the third tier, AMPs cost 6 points. In the non-hybrid third tier sections, an ability can be unlocked and costs only 2 points. A character boosted to level 50 has 47 AMP power points available to spend. An additional 10 bonus points can be unlocked from vendors and drops.
AMP points can be adjusted at will until the "Use Set" button is clicked in the Action Set Builder. Once the changes are committed, players must spend gold to reset individual AMPs, by right-clicking on them, or buy a full AMP reset, by clicking the button at the bottom left of the window.